[ejabberd] startup and shutdown on linux

Frank Niedermann fbn at thelogic.org
Sun Sep 26 16:45:18 MSD 2004

Hi,

I would like to run ejabberd as init-script on Linux, is there a
standard way to do this?. This is what I have now:

startup ejabberd:

su ejabberd -c '
  erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -detached \
    -sname ejabberd \
    -s ejabberd \
    -ejabberd config \"/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg\" \
              log_path \"/var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log\" \
    -sasl sasl_error_logger \{file,\"/var/log/ejabberd/sasl.log\"\} \
    -mnesia dir \"/var/lib/ejabberd/spool\"
  '

I've changed the owner of /var/lib/ejabberd/* and /var/log/ejabberd/* to
ejabberd, is this correct? Do I also have to change the owner of
/etc/ejabberd/* to the ejabberd-user?

shutdown ejabberd:

no idea yet, thought about using ejabberdctl ejabberd at host stop ... what
are you using here?

Regards,
  Frank
  Mail: fbn at thelogic.org