[ejabberd] Ejabberd under Solaris?

Peter Zebühr zebra at dtek.chalmers.se
Sun Sep 26 20:21:56 MSD 2004

Has anyone successfully run Ejabberd server under Solaris?
I was trying to get it to work last night but I encountered an error
message that I could not interpret. Hoping that someone has the
experience to help me solve my problem.
I am posting the message below. Do I need to post the dump file as well?

/ Peter Z

zebra> gmake

gcc -Wall -I/usr/pd/lib/erlang/erts-5.3.6.3/src
-I/usr/pd/lib/erlang/lib/erl_interface-3.4.5/include -I/usr/include
-I/usr/pd/include -g -O2
-L/usr/pd/lib/erlang/lib/erl_interface-3.4.5/lib -L/usr/pd/lib \
                 expat_erl.c \
                 -lexpat \
                 -lerl_interface \
                 -lei \
                 -o expat_erl.so -fpic -shared \

expat_erl.c: In function `ei_x_encode_string_len_fixed':
expat_erl.c:81: warning: implicit declaration of function `x_fix_buff'

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 26-Sep-2004::17:36:50 ===
           supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
              started: [{pid,<0.29.0>},
                        {name,alarm_handler},
                        {mfa,{alarm_handler,start_link,[]}},
                        {restart_type,permanent},
                        {shutdown,2000},
                        {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 26-Sep-2004::17:36:52 ===
           supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
              started: [{pid,<0.30.0>},
                        {name,overload},
                        {mfa,{overload,start_link,[]}},
                        {restart_type,permanent},
                        {shutdown,2000},
                        {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 26-Sep-2004::17:36:52 ===
           supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
              started: [{pid,<0.28.0>},
                        {name,sasl_safe_sup},
                        {mfa,{supervisor,
                                 start_link,
                                 [{local,sasl_safe_sup},sasl,safe]}},
                        {restart_type,permanent},
                        {shutdown,infinity},
                        {child_type,supervisor}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 26-Sep-2004::17:36:52 ===
           supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
              started: [{pid,<0.31.0>},
                        {name,release_handler},
                        {mfa,{release_handler,start_link,[]}},
                        {restart_type,permanent},
                        {shutdown,2000},
                        {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 26-Sep-2004::17:36:52 ===
          application: sasl
           started_at: nonode at nohost
{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{make,all,[[report]]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()
gmake: *** [compile-beam] Error 1