[ejabberd] Can't connect on server ?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Mon Sep 27 12:07:17 MSD 2004

stephane.chomat at 9online.fr wrote:
> Alexey Shchepin wrote:
>
>> Hello, stephane!
>>
>> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:49:07 +0200, you said:
>>
>> sc> Hi, I have installed ejabberd under two diffient machines. I use
>> the same
>> sc> config.
>>
>> sc> On the first machine, it works well and the users can be connect to
>> sc> ejabberd server. And on the second machine, any user can't connect
>> on the
>> sc> server.  The frist machine is on gentoo distribution. And the second
>> sc> machine is on redhat 7.3.  When the user 'stephanep' try to
>> connect on the
>> sc> server with 'stephane' for password, I have this message.  If
>> anybody have
>> sc> an idea to resolve this problem ?
>>
>> What version of erlang you are using?  It seems something wrong with
>> "crypto"
>> erlang library.  Please, check is it installed correctly (there should be
>> crypto_drv.so).
>>

> I installed erlang with option --enable-thread. The version of erlang is
> R9C-0
> and I find /usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/crypto-1.2/priv/lib/crypto_drv.so
> this line is show : sh: line 1: exec: crypto_drv: not found

I do not know exactly why but with Erlang R9C-0 it sometimes happened
that some dynamic library was not build.

You could try to recompile Erlang with a later version. Alternatively,
you could should to install the environment by dumping the Erlang REPOS
CDROM somewhere on your hard-drive
(http://www.erlang-projects.org/Public/news/erlang_repos_1.0_bet/view)
It should be working out-of-the-box.

I hope this helps.