[ejabberd] trouble with pubsub

Trevor R.H. Clarke retrev at csh.rit.edu
Fri Apr 1 23:34:57 MSD 2005

This may or may not be ejabberd related. I'm running the latest ejabberd
and I'm trying to use the pubsub (jep-0060) mod. I'm using
twisted-jabber (python) for the client end. (custom script) I'm trying
to create a new pubsub node and the iq I'm sending looks like this:
<iq type='set' id='H_3'>
	<pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub' >
		<create node='pubsub/nodes/foo'
			type='collection'/>
		<configure/>
	</pubsub>
</iq>

I also tried this:
<iq type='set' id='H_3'>
	<pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub' >
		<create node='pubsub/nodes/foo'
			type='collection'/>
		<configure>
			<x xmlns='jabber:x:data'
				type='submit'>
			  <field var='pubsub#collections'>
				<value xmlns='jabber:c:data'>
					pubsub/nodes
				</value>
			  </field>
			</x>
		</configure>
	</pubsub>
</iq>

And finally, the first one w/o "type='collection'"
I keep getting error 501: feature-not-implemented
I'm not very familiar with erlang but it looks like there is code in
mod_pubsub for creating nodes. I can't figure out what's wrong. Is this
a limitation of the ejabberd implentation or am I just sending the wrong iq?