[ejabberd] Keep alive check?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Sat Apr 2 17:08:57 MSD 2005

Yves Goergen a écrit :
> On 12.03.2005 21:16 (+0200), Yves Goergen wrote:
>
>>is there something like a keep-alive or heartbeat check in ejabberd that
>>detects when a client disappeared without logging out?
>

> Do I need to think ejabberd doesn't have this feature (yet)? I'd very
> much appreciate an answer on that. I couldn't find info about that in
> the manual.

ejabberd has this feature. This is actually a feature of TCP/IP.
When the connection is killed, the TCP/IP stack on the server will
detect it and warn ejabberd that the connection has been closed.
ejabberd will do the necessary house keeping after this signal.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/