[ejabberd] Cluster Help

Brazell, Bill Bill.Brazell at cingular.com
Tue Apr 5 02:01:01 MSD 2005

I'm trying to set up a two-node cluster and need some help.  I've seen
some other posts on this subject, so I know I'm not the only one having
troubles.

I followed the instructions from here
http://ejabberd.jabberstudio.org/guide.html#htoc28 and here
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/interconnect-erl-nodes.  I am able to ping
each node within the Erlang shell using the net_adm:ping command.  I
verified that each .hosts.erlang file exists on the home directory of
each server and contains the name of the other.  Also made sure that the
.erlang.cookie files are the same on both.

Here is how I'm starting ejabberd on each server:

su ejabberd -c "erl -s ejabberd -sname ejabberd -ejabberd config
'\"ejabberd.cfg\"' -detached"

Do I need to modify the name for each node?  Should I use -sname or
-name?

Other than the web interface (http://hostname:5280/admin/nodes/) is
there an easy way to tell the status of the nodes?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks