[ejabberd] Re: SSL makes trouble when compiling ejabberd

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Tue Apr 12 01:46:42 MSD 2005

On 11.04.2005 17:04 (+0200), Alex wrote:
> Yves Goergen <nospam.list <at> unclassified.de> writes:
>># ln -s . /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/openssl

> Could you explain me your solution in more detail cause I'm experiencing the
> same problem.

Well, there's not much to say about that that wasn't already said. For
some unknown reason, the makefile requires SSL headers to be in a place
where they aren't. I couldn't find the bug in the makefile, so I decided
to make a workaround. If the makefile requires those headers there, I'll
give them to it. And since I wouldn't want to copy a bunch of files and
cause some chaos with it, I created a symbolic link that projects the
world we need in this case.

The ln command from above creates another openssl directory below the
present openssl directory that clones the entire directory structure
once again. This creates a kind of a logical filesystem recursion, so if
you plan to scan your harddisk with a non-symlink-aware application,
remove this link again! But it somewhat circumvents the issue that
ejabberd looks for header files in the wrong directory, more precisely,
one level too deep.

Hope this was detailed enough. :)

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)