[ejabberd] ejabberd 0.9 has been released

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Tue Apr 19 13:00:02 MSD 2005

Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> With the new ejabberd, will I be able to keep the current Jabber domain
> as is, authenticating using the data in mnesia database and add new
> virtual domains authenticated via other means (e.g. PostgreSQL
> database)?

You can keep your domain as is, with your users and add new virtual
domain in the server. However, storage is defined for the ejabberd
instance, that is all the virtual domain hosted on the instance. You
cannot have heterogeneous domains.

> I would like to set up virtual Jabber servers for a few virtual mail
> domains hosted, but still keep the separate Jabber server (on its own
> domain) which has been working for some time now.

It is possible but you need to use homogeneous storage.

Cheers,

--
Mickaël Rémond