[ejabberd] ejabberd 0.9 has been released

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Tue Apr 19 16:06:19 MSD 2005

Mickael Remond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a new release of ejabberd 0.9 has been published. ejabberd is a
> clustered, scalable, robust and full featured XMPP server.
> This release contains several new major features, such as:
> - Virtual hosting,
> - Shared roster,
> - Experimental relational database support
>
> and includes many bugfixes, architectural changes for performances
> improvements.
>

> This release is now hosted on Process-one website
> (http://www.process-one.net/). The community site is at:
> http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/
>
> ejabberd 0.9 can be downloaded from:
>    http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/download.html
>
> For more information, you should have a look at the release note:
>    http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/release.html

I notice that ejabberd is now hosted by process-one. Does that mean
that the j-eai extensions (yes please!) will be folded into the main
ejabberd distribution?

At the GNOMIS (http://www.uninett.no/arrangement/gnomis/) meeting
here in Oslo my presentation on xmpp as an enterprise integration
platform sparked some interest. There is definitely lots of focus
on these problems in the HEI community.

	MVH leifj