[ejabberd] ejabberd 0.9 has been released

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Tue Apr 19 16:13:04 MSD 2005

Lars Eggert a écrit :
> Mickael Remond wrote:
>
>>a new release of ejabberd 0.9 has been published. ejabberd is a
>>clustered, scalable, robust and full featured XMPP server.
>

> Very cool. I'm trying to build it on FreeBSD following the usual
> configure/make process described in the guide, however, no ejabberd
> binary is being created? There are some warnings about unused variables,
> but no build error. The Makefile also doesn't seem to have an ejabberd
> target.
>
> I'm not very familiar with Erlang, so this may be pilot error. Anyone
> have a clue what I'm missing?

There is no binary to launch ejabber, as you need to launch the Erlang
virtual machine with the correct module:

For example:

erl -sname mynodename -s ejabberd

from the src directory should launch ejabberd with the nodename
"mynodename".

You need to have a valid ejabberd.cfg file (in the current directory by
default).

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond