[ejabberd] Which port

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Mon Apr 25 16:12:01 MSD 2005

Andrzej Smyk wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have one, short question
>
> Which port is using by ejabberd to connect with another ejabberd server
> (cluster) ? I can'e establish connections between two machines though they
> have proper configuration ..

It looks like your question is firewall related.
Cluster protocol between ejabberd nodes is Erlang distribution protocol.

Port used are 4369 + a range of port configurable with the erlang
parameter inet_dist_listen_min and inet_dist_listen_max:
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200401/msg00147.html

For example, with:
erl -name ejabberd -kernel inet_dist_listen_min 4711 net_dist_listen_max
4711
The distribution only requires two ports 4369 and 4711.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond