[ejabberd] Re: Server Admin from Clients

Bill Brazell bill.brazell at cingular.com
Tue Apr 26 18:45:48 MSD 2005

Sander Devrieze <s.devrieze <at> pandora.be> writes:

> Op maandag 25 april 2005 17:12, schreef Bill Brazell:
> > I'm using the Pandion Jabber client with eJabber
>
> fyi: It is ejabberd, not "eJabber".

Oops!  I thought ejabberd was the name of the daemon, and eJabber the name of
the application.

> > and came across an issue.
> > Within  Pandion, there is a menu item called "Server Administration" that
> > allows basic administrative functions like sending messages to all users
> > and listing all online users.  When connected to a Jabber v1.4.3 server,
> > the menu is available and functions properly.
>
> Indeed, this is a non-standardised functionality in jabberd 1.4.
>
> > When connected to an eJabber
> > server, the menu item is grayed out.  Within Jabber, access to this
> > functionality is controlled within the configuration file like this:
> >
> > <admin>
> >         <reply>
> >           <subject>Auto Reply</subject>
> > received and forwarded to server administrators.</body>
> >         </reply>
> > </admin>
> >
> > I do have the following line within the ejabberd.cfg file:
> >
> > {acl, admin, {user, "bbrazell"}}.
> >
> > Is there any way to make this work within eJabber?
>
> http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/docs/guide_en.html#htoc34 is
> what you need.

I verified that this exists within ejabberd.cfg:

 % Only admins can send announcement messages:
  {access, announce, [{allow, admin}]}.

  {modules,
   [
    {mod_announce, [{access, announce}]},
   ]}.

Should I conclude that Pandion isn't capable of performing its Server
Administration functions with ejabberd?