[ejabberd] Re: Server Admin from Clients

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Apr 26 19:11:48 MSD 2005

Op dinsdag 26 april 2005 16:45, schreef Bill Brazell:
<snip>
> > http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/docs/guide_en.html#htoc34
> > is what you need.
>
> I verified that this exists within ejabberd.cfg:
>
>  % Only admins can send announcement messages:
>   {access, announce, [{allow, admin}]}.
>
>   {modules,
>    [
>     {mod_announce, [{access, announce}]},
>    ]}.
>
> Should I conclude that Pandion isn't capable of performing its Server
> Administration functions with ejabberd?

idd, but you *always* can send these messages. Just open a blanc message,
write some content, and send it e.g. to "example.org/announce/motd" (you need
to be the admin of that server of course). If you did that the motd message
will be set. :-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.tk/ )