[ejabberd] problem connecting to ietf.xmpp.org (group chat)

Yu-Shun Wang yushunwa at ISI.EDU
Mon Aug 1 21:50:58 MSD 2005

Lars Eggert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Aug 1, 2005, at 11:44, Sergei Golovan wrote:
>
>> You didn't specify ejabberd, erlang and operating system versions
>> you're running.

Like Lars said, I am running FreeBSD 5.4 (release, not stable,
but shouldn't matter) with ejabberd 0.9.1.

>> But if it's erlang R10b then you should probably do the following:
>>
>> 1) create file /etc/ejabberd/inetrc and put the following line into  it:
>> {file, resolv, "/etc/resolv.conf"}.
>>
>> 2) add the following options to ejabberd command line:
>> -kernel inetrc \"/etc/ejabberd/inetrc\"
>>
>> After that ejabberd should properly resolve SRV records and connect
>> to unusual
>> ports like 6269 at ietf.xmpp.org.

Sorry I wasn't clear, these steps above were what I refered
to as Randy Bush's thread in my original email, and yes, I
have done both of them but am still seeing this problem.

sockstat showed that my server connected to xmpp.org but at
port 5269. So it could still be the SRV resolution problem.

> I have the same problem as Yu-Shun on FreeBSD-5.4-STABLE with
> ejabberd-0.9.1 and erlang-r10b6_1,1, having done the above steps.

Yes. Any hint on how to debug or how to proceed?

yushun
--
Yu-Shun Wang <yushunwa at isi.edu>  http://www.isi.edu/~yushunwa
USC Information Sciences Institute