[ejabberd] problems establishing presence with jabberd 1.4

Yu-Shun Wang yushunwa at ISI.EDU
Tue Aug 2 11:34:43 MSD 2005

Badlop wrote:
> 2005/7/13, Yu-Shun Wang <yushunwa at isi.edu>:
>
>>One of our users is having problems establishing presences
>>with users on other servers (running jabberd 1.4.something
>>as far as I know). Simple search did not show any obvious
>>results.

>>I am running ejabberd 0.9.1 on my end.

> More possible causes: it could be a clients fault (check which one
> does he use) or a presence subscription thing (check his roster).

Just to note for the archive: The problem was solved by
completely removing the problematic entries (buddies) and
re-add/re-auth again. Once that's done on both ends, it
worked.

It's probably caused by moving the ejabberd server around
a couple of physical machines during the initial testing
period, and made the presence subscription info out of sync
among a couple of early testers. But that's only a guess.

Just as I finally got everything working for 0.9.1, 0.9.8
came out! Sigh... I'll wait a bit, at least until after
the IETF. :-) Keep up the good work!

yushun
--
Yu-Shun Wang <yushunwa at isi.edu>  http://www.isi.edu/~yushunwa