[ejabberd] Advice regarding system wide JID changes

Adam.Daughterson1 at EmersonProcess.com Adam.Daughterson1 at EmersonProcess.com
Tue Aug 2 23:19:46 MSD 2005

Hello folks!  I have an ejabberd 0.7.5 running very well and have about
100 users chatting up a storm.  Initially I set the Host Name to
SERVER.DOM.DOM.COM and so all the JID's had to be in the form of
USER at SERVER.DOM.DOM.COM which is not all that pretty or end-user
friendly.  After building a test server, I then realized that all I
needed was SERVER since I am only hosting this service within our
corporate DMZ.
Is there any way for me to migrate all of the existing JID's from the
longer format to the shorter format?  I tried just changing the
/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg to the short name, but succeded only in
cleaning out all of my users' rosters!

Thanks,

Adam