[ejabberd] PyICQ help

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Aug 4 16:18:38 MSD 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 01:54:43PM +0200, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> > > No :) You can use random port number.. But it can appear only one time..
> >
> > Unfortunately. Jabberd2 is smarter -- many services my connect to one
> > port of jabberd2 router.
>
> And what are the advantages of that?

For jabberd2: router doesn't have to be reconfigured and restarted when
adding an external component. But the restart is not needed with ejabberd.

General: all external components in a distribution may come
preconfigured with one port number -- no need to keep a registry of
Jabber service/port mapping etc., no conflicts arise.

Greets,
	JAcek