[ejabberd] PyICQ help

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Fri Aug 5 11:00:07 MSD 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:07:06PM +0200, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> > For jabberd2: router doesn't have to be reconfigured and restarted when
> > adding an external component. But the restart is not needed with ejabberd.
>
> But then it is not possible to configure different secrets for every
> transport, which can be useful I guess in some case...or am I wrong?

Yes it might be. And it would be still possible with this approach ("to"
attribute of stream header identifies the service), but is not possible
with jabberd and components using the traditional
jabber:component:accept protocol. There is another, jabberd2-specific,
protocol component, using SASL authentication, where each service has
its own credentials.

Greets,
	Jacek