[ejabberd] Control of the roster

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Fri Aug 5 15:02:31 MSD 2005

Op vrijdag 05 augustus 2005 05:38, schreef Eduardo Huertas:
> Hi,
>
> I'm evaluating the instalation of an IM server in a
> company and one of the requierements is that the
> Administrator has to have the control of the roster of
> each user, it could be done through users or groups.
>
> Can this be done in ejabberd?  Maybe through ACLs?

Yes, you need to add mod_shared_roster to the list of modules in the config
file as it is not default loaded.

> Can you give me a clue on how to do it?

http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/docs/guide_en.html#htoc49
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/screenshots-shared-roster-groups

Remark that badlop made two contributions that might be interesting for you:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/contributions (first an last items). Remark that
these patches can be unstable. E.g., the first patch is not suited for large
deployments (+100 users) I heard.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.tk/ )