[ejabberd] how to use proxy65 with ejabberd

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Aug 11 02:17:42 MSD 2005

Op woensdag 10 augustus 2005 21:46, schreef Tom Wang:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup proxy65 (JEP-0065 proxy server) work with ejabberd.
> the proxy65 has been installed correctly. but when I run it, it shows as
> following. it needs to add appropriate service lines to the <browse>
> section of your jabber.xml in jabber1.4 according to readme of proxy65
> package. but I don't know how to setup in ejabberd 's config file. anybody
> know how to config proxy65 with ejabberd?

You will need to add a section to the listened ports section of ejabberd. It
should be something like this (remark: add a virgul at the end when it is not
the last entry, and add a dot when it is the last entry):

{6000, ejabberd_service, [{ip, {4, 4, 4, 4}}, {access, all}, {host,
"proxy65.host.com", [{password, "password"}]}]},

Btw: normally there will be a new Proxy65 release soon and I hope to have a
tutorial for that new version within a few months on the ejabberd website :-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.tk/ )