[ejabberd] configuration of virtual hosting in 0.98

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sun Aug 21 18:51:56 MSD 2005

Op zondag 21 augustus 2005 11:54, schreef Wijnand Wiersma:
> Hi List,
>
> a few weeks ago I upgraded from 0.91 to 0.98. I was happy to hear that
> you can configure a lot of things for each virtual host.
>
> I was not happy to see that the only way I could configure it was
> through the webinterface. This interface is still rather limited, but
> that is another story.

Your wishes are welcome in the bug tracker of ejabberd:
http://www.jabber.ru/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

> My ejabberd.cfg is still the same as before the
> upgrade, so I can't see some examples of how you configure things with
> this new setup because everything is stored in the mnesia database.

It is also in the documentation:
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/docs/guide_en.html#htoc34

> So I try to use the webinterface to change the modules for one virtual
> host. On top of the page I see a error message "bad format". When I try
> to change something nothing get's saved and I still see that message.
>
> Can anyone help me? I really would like to configure ejabberd again :-)

Yes, this is a know bug. You can easily use next very small patch to fix it:
http://www.jabber.ru/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=47 (already in the
repository).

<snip>

--