[ejabberd] pgsql support

Andreas van Cranenburgh andreas at unstable.nl
Thu Aug 25 19:46:17 MSD 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 04:21:32PM -0300, Felipe wrote:
>    I'd like to keep using ejabberd as it is donning well here with 50 users.
>
>    I need more because I will have 1.000 users soon. So, this kind of thing
>    is very important.

I have the idea that Mnesia would perform perfectly fine even with 1.000
users, does anyone have experience with that?

Mnesia is a proper database, it's not ASCII based like the default
storage format of Jabberd 1.4 (which wouldn't scale, on filesystems
other than reiserfs). You might save yourself a lot of hassle by not
migrating.

--
	Andreas		[ http://unstable.nl | xmpp:andreas at unstable.nl ]
			[  callto:ils.seconix.com/andreas at unstable.nl	]