[ejabberd] ejabberd stress testing

Matthew Reilly matthew.reilly at sipphone.com
Sat Aug 27 00:13:46 MSD 2005

I'm stress testing ejabberd with jab_simul.

I discovered that sometimes while having many
login attempts, and always when having many
simultaenous log offs, I received mnesia errors:

** Too many db tables **

I've been able to avoid this by adding
-env ERL_MAX_ETS_TABLES 20000

I believe that this is due to too many mnesia
transactions.

Q1) I've not found much info about ets/ERL_MAX_ETS_TABLES
online. Does anyone know if what there are
any drawbacks/penalties to increasing this value?

Q2) ERL_MAX_ETS_TABLES is not listed in:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/tuning
should info about ERL_MAX_ETS_TABLES be added?

Thank you,
--
Matthew Reilly
matthew.reilly at sipphone.com