[ejabberd] ejabberd stress testing

Lucius Curado shakuhashi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 00:54:16 MSD 2005

  Hi,

On 8/26/05, Matthew Reilly <matthew.reilly at sipphone.com> wrote:
> I'm stress testing ejabberd with jab_simul.

  Have you heard about IDX-Tsunami [1]? It is written in erlang.
  I think it would help on your stress tests too:

 The purpose of IDX-Tsunami is to simulate users in order to test the
scalability and performances of IP based client/server applications.
You can use it to do load testing of your servers. Currently, HTTP and
Jabber protocols have been implemented and tested, but it can be
easily extended.

This tool can simulate thousands of users concurrently, and can be
distributed on several client machines.

IDX-Tsunami has been used to validate the IM platform made by
LibertySurf in 2001. 10.000 concurrent users were simulated on a
cluster of 3 machines.

IDX-Tsunami has also been used to test a very high trafic web site.
More than 3.000 HTTP/HTTPS requests/second were generated during this
test

IDX-Tsunami is developped in Erlang, an open-source language made by
Ericsson for building robust fault-tolerant distributed applications.

[1] http://www.idealx.org/prj/idx-tsunami/features.en.html

  Best regards,

  Lucius Curado.