[ejabberd] ejabberd scalability

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sat Aug 27 22:05:35 MSD 2005

Op zaterdag 27 augustus 2005 18:30, schreef ke.han:
> >>1) I'm trying to find out how many simultaneous users a clustered
> >>ejabberd environment can handle. Does anyone know of any large
> >>clustered ejabberd environments, or how large the current
> >>largest ejabberd domains are?
> >
> > Currently there are 61,068 users registered on jabber.ru (the biggest
> > known public domain) and 1,740 of them are online.
>
> Could you provide a little more detail on jabber.ru?  e.g. server specs
> (OS, RAM, CPU), rough CPU and RAM consumtion for a large load (around
> 2,000)?  The initial numbers you give don't mean too much without
> addition data.

I don't know: the above numbers are public information (as the Statistics
Gathering module is enabled on jabber.ru). At least it is not a extremely
expensive cluster with a lot nodes ;-) But for the other information you need
to ask ermine (she is the admin), or maybe someone else knows it too.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org ( http://jabber.tk/ )