[ejabberd] erlang 10 in Debian woody?

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Thu Dec 15 01:43:03 MSK 2005

Hi,
I've seen ejabberd 1.0 requires erlang 9+, but I have only version 8
installed that comes with Debian woody (3.0). Is there any known way to
get erlang 10 (or at least 9 or whatever is current) running in Debian
woody? Updating Debian is not an option unless someone can explain me
how to do this in a reliable way with a lot of self-compiled software.
Debian sarge (3.1) seems to ship erlang 10, but that package surely
won't work in the older Debian. Compiling erlang from source has
previously failed, I don't expect it to work now again.

Isn't there a way to include a "portable" version of erlang into
ejabberd for people like me that have nothing at all to do with erlang
except for using ejabberd?

"Does the movement of the trees make the wind blow?"
http://newsboard.unclassified.de - Unclassified NewsBoard Forum