[ejabberd] SPPS anyone?

Steve Smith ssmith at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Thu Dec 15 07:38:05 MSK 2005

Hi,

One very important upcoming JEP (to my mind) is Simplified Personal
Publish-Subscribe[1], which removes a lot of the problems with actual
usage of pubsub.

Although this is still at experimental status I'd like to start getting
this implemented in ejabberd for a project I'm working on.  I've done
some hacking on erlang/ejabberd before[2] but I'm no expert, especially
in ejabberd internals, so I'd like to start a discussion on the best way
to implement this.

>From reading the JEP all of the functionality could be implemented with
a mapping to the existing pubsub module and some default settings.  More
interesting would be the ability to do this purely through hooks as an
add-on module.

Cheers,
Steve

[1]: http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0163.html