[ejabberd] ejabberd 1.0.0 + otp_src_R10B-8

Staudinger, Ulrich ulrich.staudinger at lycos-europe.com
Fri Dec 16 21:13:25 MSK 2005

Ejabberd 1.0.0 with kernel poll on a linux 2.6x machine is a shocker babe.
It outperforms all other jabber daemnons that I have evaluatued regarding speed by the factor 10-100-1000, well, at least when using the mnesia database. I have not yet switched to PstgreSQL but am wondering if the results will stay the same.

'Problem with all other jabber implementations is the mysql/storage backend. There are simply too many sql calls in these implementations.

Will post a screenshot sooner or later.

Cheers,
Ulrich