[ejabberd] Howto use pubsub in ejabberd (JEP-0060)

Adrian Gygax adrian.gygax at gmx.net
Mon Dec 19 17:32:27 MSK 2005

Hello

I'm trying to use the pubsub protocoll for custom services in a Jabber
client. However, I have troubles to create new nodes. I have tried
several public ejabberd servers and even set up an own server but I
always have the same problem.

This is what I send after having connected to the server as
admin at localhost/agsXMPP:
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" id="agsXMPP_5" type="set"
to="pubsub.localhost" from="admin at localhost/agsXMPP">
  <pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
    <create node="pubsub/nodes/newnode" />
  </pubsub>
</iq>

This is what I get:
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" type="error" from="pubsub.localhost"
to="admin at localhost/agsXMPP" id="agsXMPP_5">
  <pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
    <create node="home/nodes/newnode" />
  </pubsub>
  <error type="cancel" code="405">
   <not-allowed xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" />
  </error>
</iq>

Am I missing something? Are there any additional steps needed before I
can create new nodes?

Greetings
Adrian