[ejabberd] MySQL test database schema

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Fri Dec 23 00:37:39 MSK 2005

* Gerard Earley <gerard at whitecurve.com> [2005-12-22 11:58:25 +0000]:

> I'm wondering if anyone has installed ejabberd with mysql?
> Below is a basic conversion of the PostgreSQL schema which I am posting
> here for comment.
>
> Please note:
>
>     * all text columns have been changed to varchar(255) until I
>       determine if other datatypes.
>     * the spooler.sql has been changed form serial to auto_increment
>     * The index's will probably need to be tuned to be as optimised as
>       the PG version, esp in rosterusers.
>
> I am planning to post a basic howto, including a working database
> schema, after I get a server setup and running.
> Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello,

I did commit yesterday the change to support MySQL in ejabberd:
http://support.process-one.net/code/web/ejabberd/change?id=1791&key=1879646207

Modifying the Schema is not the only change to do and some changes had
to be made to the code.
It would be nice if you could check the version to see if it is working
for you (Data to do the checkout are available from:
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/download.html#svn).

Your comments and changes are welcome.
Note that I did not change the spooler.sql type from serial to
auto_increment: Could you elaborate on the benefit of doing so ?

Thank you,

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/