[ejabberd] good idea to use ejabberd?

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Wed Feb 2 15:48:42 MSK 2005

Op woensdag 2 februari 2005 11:40, schreef Ilja Booij:
> Hi,
>
> we're investigating the use of jabber for a platform. It won't be a
> message-only platform, but jabber will be used for simple
> communication between a lot of clients.
>
> numbers:
> * 10.000 simultaneous clients.

A little quote from the chatroom a two days ago:
"if you give 10 000 connections to server, with +K true
it takes only 1% cpu usage insdead of 99% cpu" (about the epoll kernel option
which is supported in recent Erlang versions and so also ejabberd).

> * these clients will all be in muc rooms of 25-30 clients each.
> * each client will send a message about once a second. So this will
> result in 25000 to 30000 messages a second.

That's much :-)

> * messages will be small, about 50 bytes each, including XMPP stuff.

Maybe you can ask badlop to test this situation as he already planned I
thaught to update the benchmarks with epoll.

<snip>

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )