[ejabberd] Conference Rooms...
s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Feb 3 22:42:06 MSK 2005
Op donderdag 3 februari 2005 20:15, schreef Bill VonDane:
> The servers are on the same LAN, and they can get to each other, I guess...
> Users from one server can chat with users from the other...
Good news: Then it should be possible! :-)
> Is there something in the config file I need to change so that the servers
> can reach each other?
> I have tried several clients; gaim, gush, neos, pandion, psi
Of these clients I only use Psi. So I only know its way of doing it. Try this:
1) Click on the Psi logo.
2) Click on Enter a groupchat (could be different: I use the Dutch translation
so I don't know the exact client translation in English (or your language)).
3) Host: <the other (e)jabber(d) server conference component: e.g.
4) Chatroom: <the room you want to join on that server component: e.g.
5) Nickname: <the nickname you want to use>
6) Join the room.
Another way (interesting if you don't know the exact name of the room and/or
1) Open the Discovery dialog.
2) Fill in the name of the other server and push Enter.
3) Expand the MUC component on that server (click on the '+').
4) RMB click the room you want to join.
5) Fill in the fields (see other method above).
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/attachments/20050203/39345cdb/attachment.bin
More information about the ejabberd