[ejabberd] chatroom and passwords

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:50:56 MSK 2005

I'm in an ejabberd chatroom that requires a password.  If I try to
invite someone, they get the invite but no prompt for the password
(we're using gaim).  In a similarly configured room using
jabberd2+muc, a user invited into a password protected room is allowed
in without a password.  If the same user tries to join on his own, he
is required to enter the password in the "Join a Chat" dialog -- this
is the case for both ejabberd and jabberd2.  My question is which
behavior is correct?  I would think that an invitation into a password
protected room should still prompt the invitee for the password.  I
want to verify that this isn't a gaim bug not prompting for a password
when invited to a password protected room.

--
Jiann-Ming Su