[ejabberd] postgres + testing

Nicolas Niclausse Nicolas.Niclausse at sophia.inria.fr
Fri Feb 25 11:11:37 MSK 2005

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Nourse <matthew_nourse at hotmail.com> writes:

 Matthew> I agree that the problem is strange :-).  Unfortunately it's
 Matthew> just got a bit stranger ;-)...I wrote a small test program
 Matthew> to try to test this out further but I can't get more than
 Matthew> 1000 simultaneous connections with this test program.  I
 Matthew> tried the test program with a variety of ERL_OPTIONS
 Matthew> settings, including with and without the +K option.

By default, a user program is limited to 1024 file descriptors. You
should raise this limit using 'ulimit -n'

You may have to tweak pam configuration to enable non root users to
raise the hard limit

see

http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~brecht/servers/openfiles.html

--