[ejabberd] Any hints on using "jann.pl" script

Alexey Shchepin alexey at sevcom.net
Wed Jan 12 02:50:11 MSK 2005

Hello, Leon!

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:17:26 -0500, you said:

 LA> I have an ejabberd server up and running. As an "admin" account I can send
 LA> messages to /announce/online. But when I try to do the same thing via the
 LA> "jann.pl" script  the message fails.  Ultimately, I just want to send
 LA> information from outside the eJabber server (like from my monitoring
 LA> system) that gets broadcast to a collection of users. If there is another
 LA> way to do this, I'm all ears.  Any hints, guidance, documentation, etc
 LA> would be deeply appreciated.

If I understood correctly, jann.pl tries to send message to /announce/online
not from admin account, that is why it fails.  To allow it you need to add
access to user jann.pl runs from, e.g. if this user is "jann at example.org", then
add something like the following in config:

{acl, announcer, {user, "jann", "example.org"}}.
{access, announce, [{allow, announcer}, {allow, admin}]}.