[ejabberd] Any hints on using "jann.pl" script

Leon Adato leon at adatofamily.com
Thu Jan 13 14:53:15 MSK 2005

What I am trying to do is send a message to all online users FROM
somewhere outside of the Jabber system.

What I mean is that I have a server that gets an alarm. I want the
server to send a message via email, net send, perl script, etc. to
the /announce/online object on the jabber server so that all my helpdesk
techs know there was an alarm.

The full explanation is that I monitor systems for a number of
customers. My monitoring system does a great job of collecting status,
but there is no "popup" utility when an alarm triggers (ex: server is
down) or threshold has been reached (ex: bandwidth utilization exceeds
xx%). I want my monitoring system to automatically send a message to the
helpdesk VIA jabber.

As for where the script came from, I got it here:
http://www.pipetree.com/jabber/jann.html