[ejabberd] Any hints on using "jann.pl" script

Leon Adato leon at adatofamily.com
Thu Jan 13 15:41:59 MSK 2005

I've done a little more research and here is what I find:

Both jann.pl and nax.pl error in the same way. The problem appears to be
with the stream.pm module. The author's web site says:

*************
http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/sendxmpp/
2004-12-09: some jabber servers don't work with sendxmpp; it seems
there's a problem in one of the underlying libraries (Net::XMPP and
XML::Stream), and sendxmpp will end with an error, similar to:

        Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference
        at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/XML/Stream.pm line 1165.

I've notified their author, and he's working on a solution. jabber.org
should work though, jabber.xs4all.nl doesn't.
***************

I'm running
eJabberd version 0.7.5
Windows Server 2003 (demo version)
ActiveState Perl version 5.8.4

I have tried both the nax and jann perl scripts on a Linux box also, so
I don't believe the error is related to the perl or OS of the script but
more to the eJabber server itself.

Thanks for the advice
Leon