[ejabberd] Problem setting up ejabberd cluster

Bruce Jarvis bjarvis at leanlogistics.com
Tue Jan 18 07:36:30 MSK 2005

Mickaël:

Both machines are on an internal network with no firewall between them.  They can ping each other and forward and reverse DNS lookups work on both nodes.

When I run net_adm:ping() on the second node, I get this output in the ejabberd log on the first node:

=ERROR REPORT==== 17-Jan-2005::23:20:03 ===
** 'ejabberd at harpalyke.leanlogistics.com': Connection attempt from node 'ejabberd at saturno.leanlogistics.com' rejected since it cannot handle extended pids and ports. **

Similarly, I get this message when I try to net_adm:ping() from the first node to the second node:

(ejabberd at harpalyke.leanlogistics.com)1> net_adm:ping('ejabberd at saturno.leanlogistics.com').

=ERROR REPORT==== 17-Jan-2005::23:20:45 ===
** 'ejabberd at harpalyke.leanlogistics.com': Connection attempt to node 'ejabberd at saturno.leanlogistics.com' aborted since it cannot handle extended pids and ports. **
Pang

I would appreciate any ideas you might have on this subject.

Thanks,

Bruce