[ejabberd] Problem setting up ejabberd cluster

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Tue Jan 18 12:10:36 MSK 2005

Bruce Jarvis wrote:
> Mickaël:
>
> Both machines are on an internal network with no firewall between them.  They can ping each other and forward and reverse DNS lookups work on both nodes.
>
> When I run net_adm:ping() on the second node, I get this output in the ejabberd log on the first node:

Are you using the same Erlang version on both node ?
Erlang R10B has change the internal storage for some data structure to
extend some limitations in the number of useable resources (such as
Process ID).
If you are using Erlang version 10 and 9, you need to use special
compatibility options to make them talk to each other. The recommanded
options is to use the same version on both nodes.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/