[ejabberd] Re: Negative priorities?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Sat Jan 22 00:40:18 MSK 2005

Magnus Henoch wrote:
> Here is a better patch for negative priorities.  This patch makes sure
> that offline messages are forwarded to the client only when the client
> changes to a non-negative priority.

Hello Magnus,

The patch is better than the previous one. I am not sure however that
the message are not send when you are online. The part of the code that
you modified only seem to relate to the question of what to do with
messages on presence change. I think that the place where messages are
routed outside the contexte of presence changes does not handle the case
of negative priority.
I did not test your patch however, and will probably look further at it
tomorrow.

Another question however: the feature of not receiving the messages when
I do not want to is usefull but I wonder how this relate to Jabber
privacy features.
I agree however that negative priority are in the specs, but I was
wondering if privacy lists where not serving the same purpose as
negative priority. I really do not know.

Thank you !

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/