[ejabberd] Ejabberd clustering

Oleg V. Motienko mmm at ttn.ru
Mon Jan 24 20:09:05 MSK 2005

Jacek Konieczny wrote:

>On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 06:56:45PM +0300, Oleg V. Motienko wrote:
>

>>We want to run ejabber cluster on two server serving same domain.
>>Servers are on different ISP,  different IP subnets etc.
>>So I read a guide and have a questions about s2s.
>>What DNS records are needed for cluster of 2 servers?
>>Is it SRV record with priority like MX in email ?
>>

>SRV records have a priority (just as MX) and weight.
>
>When there are multiple records with the same priority they are used in
>load-balancing, which may be weighted with the "weight" value.
>
>If you want fallback, you need SRV records with different priority for
>each server. If you want load-balancing then you use records with the
>same priority. Both may have weight=0, but if you want more of load on
>one of then, that you give it bigger weight then the other one.
>
>Greets,
>	Jacek

Can anybody publish an example of DNS configuration with fallback server
or point me to a documentation file?
What other jabber server software have proper SRV records support? What
I must to do to save compatibility with old server versions (IN A record
and open 5269/tcp I guess) ?

--
Regards, Oleg
xmpp: mmm at jabber.ttn.ru