[ejabberd] Ejabberd Mnesia work

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Tue Jan 25 11:29:33 MSK 2005

Martyn Baker wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone out there have any tools for manipulating the mnesia tables
> directly ? I wanted to amend the entries for the JID's and change the
> domain name for all exisitng 110 users and their rosters without having
> to recreate them all.

You can for example use table vizualizer, by issuing the command:

tv:start().

 From the node that run the database.

Check the Mnesia table checkbox in the menu, to be able to view Mnesia
table and not only ets table.
When you double-click on a table you can browse it and modify it.
There is no way to be sure that your change is consistent with what
expect the application using the database, si use this feature with care.

> I tried dumping the database to a text file, changing the required
> entries then reimporting, but it didn't work

I did that and it work. What is your failure symptom ?

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/