[ejabberd] Problem setting up ejabberd cluster

Bruce Jarvis bjarvis at leanlogistics.com
Thu Jan 27 17:40:24 MSK 2005

I was able to complete the steps necessary for mnesia to replicate the data between the two nodes.

I was able to start ejabberd on node 1 (harpalyke) and register a user logged in to node 1.  I then started node 2 (saturno) and was able to log in to node 2 as the user registered on node 1.  Node 2 now starts, stops, and runs just fine.  Node 1, though, displays the following error report whenever I start it.  Mnesia is still running, but ejabberd is not:

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:08 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {badarg,[{ejabberd_local,register_iq_handler,4},
                                 {mod_register,start,1},
                                 {gen_mod,start_module,2},
                                 {lists,foreach,2},
                                 {ejabberd_app,start,2},
                                 {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:08 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,[mod_roster,process_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:08 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,[mod_privacy,process_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:08 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,
                                         [mod_configure,process_local_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:08 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,
                                         [mod_configure2,process_local_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:08 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {badarg,[{ejabberd_local,refresh_iq_handlers,0},
                                 {mod_disco,start,1},
                                 {gen_mod,start_module,2},
                                 {lists,foreach,2},
                                 {ejabberd_app,start,2},
                                 {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:08 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,
                                         [mod_stats,process_local_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,
                                         [mod_vcard,process_local_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_hooks,
                                     {add,
                                         offline_message_hook,
                                         mod_offline,
                                         store_packet,
                                         50}]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_hooks,
                                     {add,
                                         local_send_to_resource_hook,
                                         mod_announce,
                                         announce,
                                         50}]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
Error in process <0.299.0> on node 'ejabberd at harpalyke.leanlogistics.com' with exit value: {badarg,[{ejabberd_router,register_route,1},{mod_echo,init,1}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,[mod_private,process_sm_iq]},

Error in process <0.303.0> on node 'ejabberd at harpalyke.leanlogistics.com' with exit value: {badarg,[{ejabberd_router,register_route,1},{mod_irc,init,2}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
Error in process <0.307.0> on node 'ejabberd at harpalyke.leanlogistics.com' with exit value: {badarg,[{ejabberd_router,register_route,1},{mod_muc,init,2}]}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,[mod_time,process_local_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,[mod_last,process_local_iq]},
                                     infinity]}}

=ERROR REPORT==== 27-Jan-2005::09:12:09 ===
E(<0.38.0>:gen_mod:43): {noproc,{gen_server,
                                    call,
                                    [ejabberd_iq_sup,
                                     {start_child,
                                         [mod_version,process_local_iq]},