[ejabberd] archive chat messages have wrong date

Badlop badlop at safe-mail.net
Fri Jan 28 17:58:45 MSK 2005

Jiann-Ming Su escribió:
> I don't know if this is a Gaim bug or a ejabberd but, but archived
> messages in multiuser chat are showing incorrect date.  For example,
> I'll post the following message on 2005-01-27 at 19:15:35...
>
>   (19:15:35) js1: test2
>
> I'll leave the room, and then come back:
>
>   (2005-01-25 00:36:44) js1: test2
>
> The date on my ejabberd server is correct.  The date on my workstation
> is correct.  I connect to jabberd2/MUC chat rooms, and it does not
> have this timestamp problem.

I can't reproduce the problem using ejabberd from CVS, tkabber from CVS and Gaim 1.1.2,
everything looks fine. Of course both Tkabber and Gaim work correctly with
conference.jabber.org (that use jabberd/MUC).

Maybe you're suffering a problem that was fixed in ejabberd CVS, from the Changelog:

     2004-09-17  Alexey Shchepin  <alexey at sevcom.net>

     * src/jlib.erl: Added functions now_to_utc_string/1,
     now_to_local_string/1, and datetime_string_to_timestamp/1 (thanks
     to Sergei Golovan)

     * src/mod_muc/mod_muc_room.erl: Use time parsing functions from
     jlib (thanks to Sergei Golovan)

So you'll be interested in checking CVS as soon as it's available (right now JabberStudio
is still unavailable), or wait for the next ejabberd release.