[ejabberd] disable registration?

Etan Reisner deryni at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 31 15:46:56 MSK 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:

> My ejabberd.cfg file has the following lines:
>
>   % Every username can be registered via in-band registration:
>   %{access, register, [{allow, all}]}.
>
>   % None username can be registered via in-band registration:
>   {access, register, [{deny, all}]}.

>   % Used modules:
>   {modules,
>    [
>     {mod_announce,   [{access, announce}]},
>   %  {mod_register,   [{access, register}]},
>    ]}.
>
> Does this mean self registration is turned off?  If so, it does not
> work.  I found out this evening that a user was able to register
> himself on my ejabberd server (0.7.5).  Thanks for any tips.

I noticed this same thing during my attempts to turn this off, I
discovered that (as far as I was able to tell) erlang supports dynamic
module:function(args) as opposed to just function(args), I asked about
this in the ejabberd jabber chat room and was told that this was fixed
in cvs, but I wasn't told how it was fixed nor did I see anything that
might have fixed this in the few minutes I've had to look into it since
then. I currently have the registration code commented out in ejabberd
to turn this off 'correctly' that is to not advertise the capability and
to not respond to requests for it. I'm hoping to get more clarification
on this sometime this week as I am working on cleaning up some other
modifications of mine to ejabberd.

	-Etan