[ejabberd] privacy rules and invisibility

Le Boulanger Yann asterix at lagaule.org
Fri Jul 22 19:49:03 MSD 2005

Hi,

I'm implementing JEP 126 on my client, and found a problem.
The problem appear when I want to go from online to invisible.

At the begining Im online.
First I set my privacy rule:

<iq type="set" id="13"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:privacy"><list
name="invisible"><item action="deny" order="1"><presence-out

then I activate it:

<iq type="set" id="14"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:privacy"><active
name="invisible" /></query></iq>

then I send a presence:

invisible</status></presence>

But all my contacts still see me as online.

I was not sure where was the bug (me or the server) because I first set
my privacy rule, so it's 'normal' that other contacts don't see me
offline when I go invisible. But I asked Peter Saint-Andre and he think
it's a server problem, it's why I ask you your opinion.

Thanks in advance
Yann Le Boulanger