[ejabberd] privacy rules and invisibility

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Fri Jul 22 19:58:23 MSD 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 05:49:03PM +0200, Le Boulanger Yann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was not sure where was the bug (me or the server) because I first set
> my privacy rule, so it's 'normal' that other contacts don't see me
> offline when I go invisible. But I asked Peter Saint-Andre and he think
> it's a server problem, it's why I ask you your opinion.

AFAIK, server don't have to send any presence stanzas when it updates privacy
rules.

So, when you block outbound presence, your contacts will never receive them,
even if you're going offline.

I don't think that it's a server bug.

BTW, how Peter Saint-Andre explains that it should be a bug in ejabberd?

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan