[ejabberd] Privacy Lists

Remko Troncon remko at psi-im.org
Sat Jul 23 19:24:07 MSD 2005

Hi,

I've been playing with privacy lists in ejabberd 0.7.5, and have a
few questions. Maybe they are already tackled in 0.9.1.

The fallthrough case seems to ignore the finer grained presence-in,
presence-out, iq, and message child elements. I.e., it seems to be
either allow all or deny all, regardless of whether there are child
elements or not. Is this normal ?

I have a certain group of which i block all incoming presence. While
normal presence is indeed blocked, i still get the error presences
attached below from some contacts when logging in. I would expect
these to be blocked as well, although i am not sure what the spec says.

thanks,
Remko

**

<presence from="user at server.com" type="error" to="me at otherserver.com/
Amy" >
<error type="cancel" code="404" >
<remote-server-not-found xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/>
</error>
</presence>

<presence from="user at server.com" type="error" to="me at otherserver.com/
Amy" >