[ejabberd] Retrieve vCard data from command line

Bill Brazell bill.brazell at cingular.com
Tue Jul 26 22:32:06 MSD 2005

Sorry to double post to both this list and the ejabberd.jabber.ru site.  Just
hoping to expand the number of people who see this.  Who knows?  Someone might
just have the answer handy.

I have a need to retrieve a user's email address from within the vCard table
via command line.  Interaction with a script would be something like:

get_address bbrazell

returns

bills_address at here.com

This is part of a plan to allow self-servicing password resets.  I'll share
the solution...if I can just get past this part.  Thanks!