[ejabberd] Testing the development version of ejabberd

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Fri Jul 29 12:59:39 MSD 2005

Hello,

The development version of ejabberd is currently in a stable state. This
means that those interested in testing the development version before
the release can try it and give feedback on this release.
We have started the testing process from our side, hoping to be able to
release in the few days, if no major problem is found.

This version will add several improvements. Among them:
- Enhanced virtual hosting support (which should be now applicable to
much more settings and features: for example, it allows different
authentication methods for different hosts).
- mod_pubsub now support all the features of the J-EAI mod_pubsub.
- code reorganisation: mod_register clean-up.
- Some ODBC related updates have been included.
- For development: a filter_packet hook has been added, making it easier
and flexible to modify or filter packets flowing through ejabberd. This
will make it easier to adapt it to different needs and context.
- Many bugfixes
- New Brazilian Portuguese translation

If you feel aventurous or would like to participate to the development
you can get this version from the subversion repository (see:
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/download.html#svn), try
it and give your feedback.

Cheers,

--